I know I’ve shared a ton of Michelle Tam’s recipes (or at least I feel like I have) but I couldn’t help myself in sharing this one. I found this recipe through her iPad app during my first Whole30 and absolutely loved it. Mushrooms aren’t really my thing so I left that ingredient out and then subbed kelp noodles for yam noodles since that was the only clean package of “noodles” that I found at Central Market / Uwajimaya.
- 1 small onion, minced in a mini-prep food processor
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ pound of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 cup of organic broccoli slaw
- 6 ounce package of pre-washed organic baby spinach leaves
- 1 package of kelp noodles, rinsed with water and drained (yam noodles)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of Red Boat Fish Sauce
Click the photo to get to the cooking instructions! I’ve never been let down with this recipe though I do think that meat to noodle ratio is a little off. You can add more meat or noodles depending on your preferences! Would highly recommend her book Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans if you don’t already have it. She’s hilarious, has great photos, and super simple recipes.
What have been your favorite go-to recipes during the challenge? Please share!